- Residential areas of Slavyansk shelled by mortars and artillery starting at 11:00 local time.
- School #13 in Slavyansk was hit by a 12.2 cm mortar shell. School is also used as a kindergarten. 9 civilians injured including a 4 year old boy. Unknown if the casualties were at the school or in other areas under bombardment.
- Very strong fighting commenced approximately 15:30 local time in the area of Donetsk Airport but not at airport. Airport terminal is heavily damaged from fighting Monday. Fighting is ongoing as of 17:00 local time.
- Artillery bombardment in town of Rubezhnoye in Lugansk Oblast. Casualties unknown. Reliable sources say there are no Lugansk Self Defense forces in or near the town.
- ZU-23-2 antiaircraft gun system seen in public video in possession of Donbas Army.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
May 28th combat SITREP update by "Juan"
Posted by VINEYARDSAKER: at 16:18
Labels: "Juan", Ukraine SITREP