Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Personal announcement: update on donations

Dear friends,

A week has passed since I have placed a donation button on this blog and I feel that I ought to give you a short update on the donations received.   A total of 65 people from 7 countries have made donations ranging from 2 dollars to 100 dollars.  2 people have chosen to make a "recurrent payment".  All this refers to donations made through PayPal.  Only three people chose the Flattr button and so far I have not found a way to see what kind of donation these flattrs have been (I think that I will only find out on the 10th of next month - weird system).  Whatever may be the case, this much needed help is immensely appreciated and I want to thank you all for your kindness, not only for your generous donations, but for talking me into doing this in the first place!  Not only does this really help me and my family in a delicate moment in time, but it is also a huge sign of support which gives me courage, energy and the desire to do better.

Many, many very sincere thanks to you all,

The Saker

PS: as soon as a receive a donation on PP I immediately transfer it to my bank account as to avoid any "issues" with PP.  As for Bitcoin, I am still bewildered by this system, but I am reading up on it.  Will keep you posted.