Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Many good news for the blog

Dear friends, Christ is Born!

It has been a while in the making, but I can now announce that the "new new blog" is now officially launched.  You can visit it on either one of the following links:

http://thesaker.net/
http://www.vineyardsaker.net/

Same blog, new look

There still might be kinks here and there, especially in the archives before 2014, but generally it looks solid to me.

Most of the work on the new blog was done by Gevorg from Armenia who did an absolutely *phenomenal* amount of work which included many, many hours of hard labor including patiently tutoring me on the capabilities of the new blog and asking my input on my preferences which often included complicated features such as the "community rss" (you can now see on the right column the headlines of all the other Saker Community blogs).  If somebody need a great webmaster, email me and I will help you get in touch with Gevorg.

Gevorg was not alone, however, and I also need to thank the following great people:

"X" (Administration)
"A" and "O" (Backend development)
 

The new blog includes many features which blogspot lacks.  I encourage you to play around with the numerous ways of organizing the information and try out the various sections for yourself.  Most importantly, I would ask everybody to begin commenting on the new blog and not here, so we can see what works well and what needs fixing.  Still, just in case, I will allow comments here too.

My plans for the future are this: until the new blog is totally functional and all the kinks have ironed out, I will continue to double-post on blogger and on the new blog with the sole purpose of keeping a backup and another archive. However, I will eventually close down the comments section on the old blog (once I am sure that everything works smoothly on the new blog). .  Still, I ask you to already voluntarily stop commenting here and to already begin commenting only on the new blog.  Please post comments here only if you have a technical problems posting on the new blog.

The other good news is that the Serbian Saker blog is now back with a brand new team, so make sure to check it out.

Finally, thanks for the hard work of "A" the transcript of my third podcast is available for download on the Saker Podcast download page here: https://sites.google.com/site/sakerpodcast/

That's it for today.  I will be back, God willing, on Friday.

Cheers and hugs to all,

The Saker

PS: on the new blog, make sure to click on "BLOG" on the top left to leave the homepage and to go to the latest post!  Or use these direct links:

http://www.vineyardsaker.net/blog/
http://www.thesaker.net/blog/