Monday, April 21, 2014

One more thing about the "Saker correspondents" project - USA correpondents

Dear friends,

I realized that I was missing on a good opportunity here to involve some correspondents from the USA.

While I myself currently live in the USA, I think that I might very much need the help from US correspondents, but not from this or that state or region, but from different specializations.

While it makes little sense to compare Fox News in San Diego and Boston, the USA can be very diverse in terms of professional strata.  What I would be very interested in is in those amongst you who have a professional or personal interest in the following area of study:
  • US Fiscal & Monetary polices
  • US Foreign Policy
  • Congressional Politics
  • Big Corporations
  • Banking, Credit, Insurance
  • Investment, capital venture, hedge funds
  • US foreign investment
  • US foreign aid
  • US Navy
  • US Army
  • US Air Force
  • US Marine Corps
  • Military academies
  • Intelligence agencies
  • US Space programs
  • US international trade
  • IMF
  • World Bank
  • Defense industry
  • Diplomacy
  • "Democracy promotion" (NED & Co)
  • Energy (oil, nuclear, etc.)
  • Ecology
  • Imports/Exports
etc (too many to list)

Basically, I am interested in the "big stuff" which involves lots of money and, therefore, special access to power.  I am also interested in the instruments of power themselves.

Important note:

Now, this might be obvious, but I have to state this very clearly here: I do not want anybody with any current security clearance (no matter how low) applying for this project and I want to make it absolutely clear that the only source of information I will accept is publicly available information.  I am am mostly looking retired professionals, students, sharp hobbyists, public journalists or reporters, academics, etc.  If somebody ever sends me anything classified even at a very low level I myself will immediately inform the authorities.  That is common sense and basic self-protection.  I do not need any trouble with Uncle Sam.  I need 100% transparency and 100% legality.  Nothing less will do.  I don't like this regime, but I will not disobey its laws.

This being made clear, I also believe that somebody smart kind find out what he/she wants by using open source information.  It its classified, it is of no interest to me.  What I am after is a good understanding of how the US functions, its system, evolution, the factors which affect it.  You get the idea.

If you have a passion for, say, the World Bank or the US aerospace industry, you probably read specialized magazines and you probably visit specialized websites.  Magazines or websites which I do not read.  Then you can definitely help me out.

So, same concept as geographical correspondents, but applied to professional areas of expertise.

If you are interested, please drop me an email confirming that you have no current security clearance and a short bio or description of your interests.

Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

The Saker