Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Igor Strelkov: I will definitely continue to fight for my Homeland in one format or another.


From the English version of the Colonel Cassad blog.

The following was posted by Igor Strelkov on a Russian social forum

Comrades and the accompanying ladies!

Snake [n.b. a nickname of a forum admin?] talked me into logging into the forum and telling at least a few words about what is happening. Due to a number of circumstances I won't comment in any way on the events that occur in Novorossia. I will only note that I am, to put it mildly, "not jubilant".

As for the rest:

1. Everything that is related to my resignation and departure and the subsequent silence was a necessary consequence of a number of circumstances, which I am not going to explain in this format. Perhaps, somewhat later.

2. I wasn't in Yalta and I wasn't going to be there. Under the cover of my name a PR-sabbath was organized there by the paid friends of a "fur animal" [n.b. this is a transparent hint at Surkov, which sounds similar to "сурок" in Russian, which translates into "marmot"] which must not confused with fox [n.b. absolutely untranslatable play of words.. another furred animal "песец" that's also used as an expletive in Russian meaning, the end result is making the already transparent hint at Surkov even less transparent plus bringing an element of a thinly veiled insult directed at Mr. Surkov into the whole sentence]. The fact that Mozgovoi and Druz were there is a consequence of this hoax and nothing else. Also, I don't know anything about the rally on September 13th, where I am apparently supposed to show up.

3. Anatoly El-Murid [n.b. the famous Russian blogger el_murid, who is an acquaintance of Strelkov] writes whatever he thinks is necessary, but he is in touch with me. Verbal attacks on him in my view are indirect evidence of the attackers affiliation with the "birds from Surkov's nest" with corresponding conclusions with respect to them ("there is such a profession – to love one's Motherland for money!").

4. I read the "Questions to Strelkov". I won't reply right now. Later.

5. I don't remove the responsibility for the situation in Donetsk from myself. I am well-informed about what is currently happening there. But right now I cannot influence it in any way, unfortunately. For now.

6. I will definitely continue to fight for my Homeland in one format or another. Let my numerous "well-wishers" (in Russia and Novorossia and also in the Ruin) have no illusions in this respect. While I'm alive they won't sleep well. Also I'm sending a "message" to someone in Donetsk, as it is often said these days "I'm angry and my memory is good". :) This especially concerns one elderly fan of good cigars and whiskey, who was successfully pretending to be "an officer and a patriot" for more than 20 years. He will understand. Respect and honour is no longer about him. As for various scum among the locals, no mater who is on whose leash, I also suggest them not to forget that I'm still alive and capable of acting.

7. Yulia Latynina and Co. (n.b. this presumably refers to the liberal crowd at the radio station "Echo of Moscow") shouldn't expect me in their company. I never had and will never have anything in common with them. "They are in need of great upheavals..." (n.b. a reference to the famous quote by Pyotr Stolypin: "You, gentlemen, are in need of great upheavals; we are in need of Great Russia.").

8. By the end of September a second book of my fairy tales should come out, which was launched into publication already before departing into Crimea.

Respectfully, Strelok