Saturday, June 29, 2013

How fair and how logical is it to support the idea of Geneva II negotiations between the Syrian government and the multi-national terrorist of the FSA?

First, a disclaimer: I do not know when this video was shot, nor do I speak Arabic, so I cannot comment on what is said in Arabic in this video.  However, I can confirm that I clearly hear a voice saying in Russian "move to the side" and, later, "don't stand in groups".  It is also clear that at least one person in this video is wearing an Afghan "Pakol".  Finally, at least one person, the guy in a white shirt, look Indonesian to me, but I might be mistaken here.

Some sources say that the older murdered man is an Orthodox bishop, others say that it is a Roman-Catholic priest.  My personal impression is that this was not an Orthodox bishop but, frankly, I don't think that it really matters.

The most detailed description of this event I have found so far is on the intifada-palestine.com website:
According to sources close to the Syriac Orthodox Archbishop , it was confirmed that the incident does actually involve a Syrian Catholic priest Father François Murad 49, and two of his assistants. This video shows militants believed to be Chechen gunmen speaking Arabic with a broken accent, slaughtering three people in the countryside of Edlib, including Father François Murad, who was patron of Sumaan al-Amoudi Monastery,

Father Francois and two assistants were brutally executed – beheaded with a small combat knife. Echoing previous beheading recorded by insurgents, the head is held up to the cheers of onlookers and then placed on the body.

The monastery in which he resided was burnt and looted, echoing the events of a massacre in Homs last month which resulted in the entire population of a Christian village being wiped out and their houses and possessions burnt. Two Christian bishops who were kidnapped by Chechen gunmen in Aleppo earlier this year, are still missing and are not the same persons that were beheaded.

As well as Christians, Shia villages are receiving the brunt of a boldly-confident insurgency. This newly-found confidence has resulted in having just recently received confirmation of America’s intent to supply them with more weapons. Last week, militants massacred dozens of villagers in the province’s town of Hatla. Since then, summary executions and sectarian house-to-house raids have taken place.

This month has seen an escalation in sectarian atrocities committed by insurgents,(foreign mercenaries) who have been publicly armed and supported by America, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Turkey and other actors. Indeed, the atrocities are coinciding with further arms transfers – with new advanced weaponry witnessed in the hands of militants in the past number of weeks.

The most recent beheading recorded on video and uploaded to the internet, reportedly took place in Idlib countryside.

The reported beheading of the three Christians comes about the same time America has started sending arms to rebel fighters, the Wall Street Journal revealed this week. The Journal reported the Central Intelligence Agency just began transporting weapons to Jordan for eventual transfer to Syrian fighters.

The weapons transfer is aimed at helping Free Syrian forces oust Syria’s President Bashar al- Assad. It’s scheduled to coincide with arms shipments from other European and Arab allies for a planned and coordinated rebel attack set for August, the Journal reported.
See the video for yourself:


When I see this seemingly happy crowd, which includes some happy children, when I hear the screams of "God is great" I can only think one thing; these creatures must be exterminated.

Frankly, such footage makes me doubt the very notion of a peace conference.  You think that one can make peace with folks like these?  I don't.  I have to admit that I don't believe in negotiations with them.  Nor do I see the point of trying to work with them to reform Syria.  Again, at the risk of coming across as crude, unsophisticated or otherwise primitive, I personally see only one real way to deal with these people: exterminate them down to the last one.

I mean, really, look at the tall guy with long hair in this video (the one wielding the knife).  What would be the point of making him prisoner or punishing him for first degree murder under some civil criminal code?  Does he really look like a common criminal to you?

Not to me.

These crazed Wahabi thugs are truly the worst of the worst, the most evil and bloodthirsty animals out there and, I believe, they should be shot on sight as soon as they are detected.  I really hate saying that (since  I am an opponent of the death penalty in 99.99999999% of circumstances), but I think that it is the duty of civilized mankind to fully exterminate beings capable of such behavior.

How could I fully approve of what the Russians did during the 2nd Chechen war and expect Assad to do otherwise?

How can the current Russian government say that the Khasavyurt Accord was essentially a betrayal of Russia and also say that Assad should agree to negotiations in Geneva II?

The more I observe the situation in Syria the more I think that there is nobody to negotiate with, nor is there anything to negotiate about.  The Satanic barbarians who are the core of the so-called Syrian opposition can only be physically exterminated.  I honestly begin to have very serious doubts about the very notion of sitting down with these people and discuss something.  Or how could anybody civilized even consider the idea of jointly governing Syria with these beasts?

Does anybody reading these lines really believe that negotiations with these folks are possible?

I do not.

I would be dishonest if I pretended that I see any other way to stop this war other than physically exterminating all these vicious thugs.

Does anybody disagree?  Can anybody image negotiating with these people?

Kind regards,

The Saker