Friday, July 27, 2012

Personal announcement - I am going on a "wilderness retreat from it all"

Dear friends,

This Sunday I will be leaving on holidays for a couple of weeks.  I will be camping in a mountainous area with a very slow and sporadic GSM coverage which means that I should be able to read emails and approve/reject comments made once a day or so, but that is about it.  I will not be able to make normal posts here or, even less so, write anything myself.

Frankly, I welcome this as I need this break pretty badly (I am burned out and I need to recharge my "wilderness batteries")

As usual, I encourage you to post anything you find of interest here to share it with the rest of us.  Please remember the basic rule of this blog: no such thing as "off topic" - post whatever you like and if you guys can get a conversation going I would be really happy.

I should, God willing, resume the normal work on this blog after my return on August the 15th.

Kind regards and many thanks to all,

The Saker

I will be fishing and camping with my family along the Susquehanna river