- Minister of Defense: dead
- Minister of the Interior: dead
- Head of Military Intelligence: dead
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: critical condition
- Head of Internal Security: critical condition
It will be most interesting to see whom Assad will appoint to succeed those who were killed today. If we have "more of the same" probably followed by a rapid regime collapse I will reluctantly have to admit that the US/Israel/al-Qaeda did somehow succeed in a truly masterful decapitation operation. But if young and competent successors are appointed and if they take proactive action to gently ease Assad out of power while keeping the Wahabi crazies at bay, I will continue to suspect that some real "friend of Syria" masterminded the entire thing.