Monday, July 5, 2010

Hardware trouble - can you guys help me out here?

Dear friends,

Today my old desktop finally went belly up and died a painful death. I have to tell you that I have not used a new computer in decades - all my computers have always been "rescues" from friends who got rid of their old hardware, or even "rescues" from the trash. The one which died to day was such a "rescue" given to me "for spare parts" by a friend. I cannibalized another 2 donated computer and made this one into a halfway decent desktop with, alas, very little RAM and an old CPU, but which was good enough for me to maintain this blog since its beginnings.

Right now, all I have to work with is an old (donated) laptop which is okay for the time being as a "spare wheel", but which is not a real solution for me.

Since my family barely makes ends meet I definitely cannot afford a new computer and I am now on the lookout for a used desktop which somebody would be willing to donate or sell.

If any one of you had a desktop which you are not using and from which you would be willing to part, please email me at vineyardsaker@gmail.com.

Many thanks in advance,

The Saker